From: Chandler Paul <thatslyude@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Issues with Cando touch screen
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 03:04:03
1 Hello, recently I got my hands on a Lenovo S10-3t with a Cando touch screen built in, and although I have gotten the touch screen to work, I am having some issues with it. For one, I want to be able to configure it so that I can hold my finger down in a position and automatically have it do a right click after holding it there for a few seconds. According to what I have read on the internet, I should be able to easily do this simply by setting the option "ThirdButtonEmulation" in the evdev configuration file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ to "on", however, this does not seem to make any difference even though I can see Xorg picking up the configuration option on boot in the logs. I have also tried to set this during run time by using xinput, however this has made no difference either.
2 In addition, window borders in Xfce also do not seem to respond I try to interact with them using my touch screen. I cannot close windows, drag them, resize them, or even give them focus by trying to use their titlebars. However, when I try to use my touch pad, then I have absolutely no problem with it. I have looked all over Google, talked in multiple chat rooms, and posted on the forums here, but I have had no luck. Hopefully you guys can help. I have attached /var/log/Xorg.0.log and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/05-evdev.conf with this e-mail. Thank you.

05-evdev.conf application/octet-stream
Xorg.0.log text/x-log