From: Joseph Kulisics <kulisics@×××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] x86 Packages CD image
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 05:15:38
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to prepare a very old system for use in a laboratory, and
4 while I normally do the source installation, the initial parts of the
5 installation of this old system were so slow that I don't think a source
6 installation is practical. I would like to use binary packages for
7 installation, but I cannot find an image of aa cdrom for x86 precompiled
8 packages.
9 Does anyone know where you can download an image of preceompiled x86
10 packages or how you can tell emerge to look for precompiled packages on
11 the web?
12 Thank you,
13
14 Joseph Kulisics
15
17
18 For the judgement of mankind is as relentless to the weakness that falls
19 short of a recognized renown, as it is jealous of the arrogance that
20 aspires higher than its due.
21
22 Pericles as quoted by Thucydides,
23 Book II of his history of the Peloponnesian War
26 HOME PAGE URL: http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~kulisics/
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list