From: "Morgan Wesström" <gentoo-bugzilla@×××××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the difference between emerge's --changed-deps=y and @changed-deps?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:12:05
1 On 2022-01-10 07:44, Lee K wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 01:59:13AM +0100, Morgan Wesström wrote:
3 >> Can someone please elaborate on what's going on here, what the difference is
4 >> between --changed-deps=y and @changed-deps, if that difference is intended and
5 >> what the recommended update procedure is these days to catch these and other
6 >> kinds of inconsistencies in Portage?
7 >
8 > Don't know if it's relevant or not but recently upstream deprecated the
9 > "KERNEL" USE flag, resulting in many rebuilds for packages.
12 Thank you, Lee, but that was just a coincidental change. The changed-deps
13 behaviour has been going on since I've started using it in my update routine
14 several years ago. It's a little tiresome when emerge wants to recompile
15 libreoffice and firefox every time I update my system and I'd like to
16 understand in more detail what these parameters do so I can judge the necessity
17 of using them to keep my installation in a consistent state.
18
19 Regards
20 Morgan