From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Scanner and weird streaking
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:23:01
1 On 30/12/2022 13:42, Dale wrote:
2 > Given I only use Linux, know of any good and commonly available flatbed
3 > scanner models?  I'm fine with used ones as long as they work.  I like
4 > the one I got since when I'm done, it stands upright in my closet and
5 > takes up very little floor space.  It does a really good job. I've even
6 > scanned in pictures and they looked good, when it wasn't doing the
7 > streak thing.
8
9 What do you have by way of a printer? Would you be better with an MFP?
10
11 Okay, it's not cheap, but I like my HP MFP M477. Cost about £300 for the
12 fdn model. Duplex printer, duplex scanner with document feed, cat-5
13 (don't think it's wireless).
14
15 You can probably get similar cheaper ...
16
17 The thing I really like scanner wise is I just set up a Samba share on
18 my computer, configure the thing, and then I can just scan from the
19 printer front panel and it appears on my computer automagically.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Wol