From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preventing new versions of gentoo-sources…
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 04:33:10
1 Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 6/19/19 9:51 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> It seems you like that way and it works best for your situation and that
4 >> is what matters.
5 >
6 > Yep.  I'm happy enough, for now.  We'll see if I change my opinion in
7 > the future.
8 >
9 >> Sometimes there are many ways to do things but some just work better
10 >> in certain situations.  Just have to pick what works best.
11 >
12 > Yep.  But you need to know what the options are, understand enough
13 > about them, so that you can make an informed decision.
14 >
15 > Let's not forget that you're always free to change your decisions in
16 > the future.  ;-)
21 Very true.  I'm still playing with my new video splitter setup.  I
22 suspect there is a better way to do what I'm doing but I've not found it
23 yet.  May have to ask more questions on this before to long.  Still, the
24 advice I got at least let me know that the hardware can work.  It's a
25 start.  I may change it later, sure I will, but for now I'm watching TV
26 in both my bedroom and living room.  That means I can clean and such and
27 have some TV noise, even watch when needed.  In your case, you may have
28 figured out a way to do it but it may not have been ideal.  By asking,
29 you found a better way that suites your situation.
30
31 I've found that more options lets a person find one that works better
32 than others.  That's where this list comes in handy.
33
34 Dale
35