From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Should I be worried that I won't be able to dual boot in Gentoo?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:38:56
1 On 26 September 2011 16:26, Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > And you really need not worry about it, some geek (Torvalds?) will
3 > surely find out a way.
4
5 Oh, I don't doubt that I'll be able to boot Linux, I just think that
6 we're going to enter another era where setting up a functional and
7 easily-switched dual boot between Linux and Windows will be difficult
8 again for a while.
9 Hopefully it won't require us to all be careful to buy specific
10 hardware, but who knows.
11
12 Case in point: The Windows 7's installer mangling of the MBRs on disks
13 that it has no business touching.