From: Ralph Seichter <m16+gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 17:52:51
1 On 24.11.17 18:30, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > While Postfix certainly won't serve up email via IMAP it definitely
4 > does store email.
5
6 As an MTA should, Postfix transports email. It can also handle local
7 mail transport (say, in maildirs) and I guess one could call that
8 "storing" mail, but to me that's stretching the term too far.
9
10 > You are correct that you'd run a separate IMAP server. They need not
11 > be on the same host assuming they can both get at the maildirs.
12
13 As the OP is using Postfix to feed data to Dovecot, I strongly suggest
14 configuring Dovecot's LMTP as a mailbox transport instead of having
15 Postfix write directly to the file system.
16
17 -Ralph