From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] rdesktop problems 1.8.2 -> 1.8.3
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:56:26
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using "net-misc/rdesktop" in order to get access to a VirtualBox
4 (Windows) guest on a remote (also Gentoo) Linux:
5
6 Windows PC with ------------ Gentoo Linux with --------- Gentoo Linux with
7 Xming server ssh rdesktop program VirtualBox (Windows)
8
9 From my Windows desktop PC (where Xming server is running), I use a
10 "PuTTY" ssh to a Linux shell, call "rdesktop -u ... -p ... hostname &"
11 from there, and I get the Windows desktop from the remote host onto
12 my own desktop.
13
14 Until "net-misc/rdesktop-1.8.2", everything worked like a charm. But
15 with 1.8.3 (which portage installed this week), I can't mouse-click
16 in the remote desktop window any more (and keypresses seem to be
17 ignored either). Sometimes even the desktop isn't painted completely
18 (only about 75% from top, doesn't reach the Windows task bar at the
19 bottom).
20
21 I have alread looked at the changelog at packages.gentoo.org, but
22 only found some minor (?) bugfix - nothing about any fundamental
23 issues or bigger changes...
24
25 Downgraded to 1.8.2 - and everything works flawlessly again!
26
27 What could it be that 1.8.3 doesn't work any more?
28
29 -Matt