From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Mount and write ntfs (natively)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:28:12
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
2
3 >> Alexander, Do you know if the system described above is what ntfs-g3
4 >> does too?
5 >
6 > I don't understatnd the question. Can you phrase it differently?
7
8 First, sorry this got somewhat disjointed.
9
10 I think you may have already ansered what I wanted to know but for the
11 sake of clarity.
12
13 The `puppy' live cd described in my quotation says it can create a
14 file on ntfs and this write withing that space. In other words it
15 isn't normal read/write as we normally think of it.
16
17 My question to you was if ntfs-g3 can read/write in a normal way to
18 ntfs. That is could one do:
19 echo data >file
20
21 and then
22 rm -f file
23
24 or vim file <edit> <save> in the normal way?
25
26 I think you've already said you think it can. I was unable to tell
27 from the man page installed with ntfs-g3 and wanted to know for sure
28 before getting myself into a bind.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list