From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how could I make Eterm fonts look like xterm fonts?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 13:51:05
1 I love the spiffy look of the Eterm, and it seems pretty fast with
2 bash_completion, so I really tried to customize it to my liking, but
3 so far I failed (probably due to my n00bness). The thing with Eterm
4 on my system is that when the color scheme is applied, the colored
5 characters are poorly visible on this old Sony CRT monitor. The xterm
6 does a perfect job of displaying the same PS1 string at the prompt, as
7 well as applying the same color scheme to directory listings and
8 portage operations - the colored fonts appear bold and easily visible,
9 and things are generally delightful. The Eterm doesn't make the
10 colored fonts appear bold like the xterm does, and overly thin colored
11 fonts are hard to read on just about *any* background I tried.
12
13 Problem is, xterm looks pretty plain, and being defeated by Eterm just
14 doesn't sit well with me. Is there something I'd need to tweak in a
15 config file for Eterm to make its fonts bolder, or would I need to
16 fool around with the PS1 string and the directory/portage color scheme
17 instead? I sure hope it's the former and not the latter because I'm
18 lost when it comes to these color strings ;-)
19
20 Thanks!
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list