From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 07:23:25
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 23:01 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>>
9 >> Thoughts? Anyone think of anything that could cause this?
10 >>
11 >> Dale
12 >>
13 >> :-) :-)
16 > Hi Dale, I have not been following the thread, but have you tried
17 > starting the problem apps, konsole etc from a basic xterm with strace?
18 >
19 > BillK
23 That's a thought. I happened to already have a Konsole open in Fluxbox
24 so I typed in Firefox. It started then locked up Fluxbox. I could
25 still see the Konsole screen and nothing was printed as far as error
26 messages. I'm not sure I can tell anything with strace. I'm not sure I
27 will be able to see the messages enough to see what happens. Since the
28 GUI locks up, I can't move things around or save the errors either.
29
30 It's a good idea tho. I'm just not sure how to skin this little kitty.
31
32 Dale
33