From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Resizing a FAT partition?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 18:32:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a SDcard of this layout:
4 Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
5 1 4194kB 32.0GB 32.0GB primary fat32 lba
6
7 There are about 11 GByte of data on it.
8
9 The final result should be a SDcard with two partitions.
10 First a FAT32 with about 20GByte and a second with 10GByte
11 (ext4).
12
13 I took a look at parted and the resize command, which sounds
14 a little cryptic to me:
15
16 resizepart partition end
17 Change the end position of partition. Note that this does not modify any
18 filesystem present in the partition.
19
20 One should use resize2f for that purpose.
21
22 Firstly I want to shrink the first partition and secondly it is a
23 plain FAT32 partition not ext-something. I did not find a
24 "resizefat32" or similiar.
25
26 What tools do I need?
27 (beside the way to backup the SDcard, reinitialize it, put 2
28 partitions on it and copy back the stuff.)
29
30 How can I acchieve what I want?
31
32 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
33
34 Best regards,
35 Meino