From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eupdatedb
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:06:05
1 On Saturday 23 September 2006 16:27, Daniel D Jones wrote:
2 > How is esearch supposed to stay in sync? I've realized that mine is
3 > constantly out of sync and I have to manually run eupdatedb if I want to
4 > receive accurate answers. I can set up a cron job to run it after syncing
5 > emerge, of course, but I'd first like to know if there's another mechanism
6 > that isn't working properly, or if keeping it synced is an exercise left to
7 > the reader.
8
9 easiest way would be to switch to eix (`emerge eix`) and then use eix-sync to
10 keep portage up-to-date. eix-sync runs `emerge --sync` and then shows a list
11 of ebuilds that have been changed, that's is really great!
12
13 Rudmer
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list