From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail on multiple laptops
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:10:04
1 2008/7/15 Michael Pobega <pobega@×××××.com>:
2 > I've always had just one laptop so I've been a POP user for years now,
3 > but I'm finally buying a second laptop for travels (Asus Eee PC) and I
4 > was wondering what gentoo-user would recommend as a good way to keep the
5 > mail synced on both of my machines.
6
7 Hi!
8
9 I have used 2-3 machines for 3 years and i have the same problem what yours is.
10 Fortunately one of my machines isn't laptop and always working. There
11 made i an IMAP server from this tutorial:
12 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email_System_for_the_Home_Network
13
14 If I am somewhere in the Universe i can read my emails through gmail,
15 or through ssh on my machine wih mutt which is running in screen. For
16 this have to set fetchmail that leave the emails on gmail after
17 download.
18 If I am at home, i can connect my IMAP server on localhost with ClawsMail.
19
20 I think this working fine for me.
23 - -
24 -- Csanyi Andras -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
25 -- "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell