From: Zesen Qian <gentoo-user@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Disable IPv6 on specific interface
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 03:27:58
1 Hello list,
2 Sorry for hijacking Rich's thread, resend here.
3 I want to disable IPv6 on an certain interface, a simple google
4 tell me to add one line to /etc/sysctl.d/local.conf
5 net.ipv6.conf.enp4s0.disable_ipv6=1
6 Simple enough, but the problem I have is that both ipv6 and the
7 dirver of the network card(tg3) is loaded by modules. They 're not
8 loaded when the service sysctl is started, so there's no entry
9 named "net.ipv6.conf.enp4s0", which make sysctl not working.
10 So my question is that, is there any way to disable IPv6 on
11 specific interface, as early as I can? I want to make it early
12 because I don't want to receive any RA to mess up my route table.
13 I guess just adding sysctl to preup() in /etc/conf.d/net should do
14 the trick, but may I make it earlier?
15 Any comment is appreciated.
18 Zesen Qian (钱泽森)