From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternative to thunderbird?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:11:35
1 On Sunday 19 Feb 2012 03:09:28 ny6p01@×××××.com wrote:
2 > On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:28:44PM -0800, Grant wrote:
3 > > I just switched from firefox to chromium (thanks to you guys) and I'm
4 > > loving it. What would you recommend for getting away from
5 > > thunderbird? I'm looking for something simple and minimal.
6 > >
7 > > - Grant
8 >
9 > I like mutt. Takes some work getting everything working, but well worth it,
10 > IMO. For an X application, I have tried Pan and like it pretty well. I
11 > always found Tbird too bloated for my taste.
12
13 I tried (every now and then) to set up mutt, but have failed to make it work
14 as I would like to with gpg and s/mime certificates. Perhaps if I had more
15 time to spend to configure it I would make it work as I want it.
16
17 Meanwhile, I've frozen kdepim at 4.4 but I fear that I may have to kiss it
18 good bye for good. I'm waiting to see if the
19 http://www.trinitydesktop.org/about.php will offer something that I can switch
20 to as a KDEPIM suite only (I don't use the full KDE desktop, just selected
21 applications).
22
23 Last time I looked Pan was a newsreader, are you saying that it also works as
24 a mail client?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick