From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub on a new disk
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 13:07:26
1 Florian Philipp writes:
2
3 > I've recently moved /boot from /dev/hda to /dev/hdd. Then I've
4 > installed grub with
5 > for i in /dev/hd{a,b,d}; do grub-install --recheck $i; done
6 >
7 > Now the system boots correctly but it takes ages (>10sec) to come from
8 > "Grub loading Stage1.5"
10 > "Grub loading, please wait..."
11 > and then another 10sec or more to open the menu.
12 >
13 > I think I had this problem a long time ago but I can't remember the
14 > solution. Can anyone help?
15
16 I don't know what happens here... but I also don't know why you need to
17 install grub on every drive. I have four IDE drives /dev/hd[abef], grub
18 stage 1 is installed in the MBR of hda, but stage 2 in in the /boot
19 partition located on hde. I installed like this:
20
21 # grub
22 root (hd2,0)
23 setup (hd0)