From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading without breaking LVM
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:50:52
1 On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:01:03 +0100
2 Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:46:25PM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
5 > > Which versions are you using, to which shall they be updated and on
6 > > which arch are you? Knowing emerge --info and your profile might
7 > > also help.
8 >
9 > Thanks for the reply.
10 >
11 > Ok, versions in use:
12 >
13 > lvm2-2.02.10
14 > mdadm-2.6.4-r1
15 > udev-104-r12
16 >
17 > I've masked updates to an versions after those above. Emerge wants to
18 > upgrade to the following:
19 >
20 > lvm2-2.02.28-r2
21 > udev-119
24 udev-104 ?! That's not even in the portage tree any longer, right?
25
26 In any case: Opening a bug might help you faster than we could. The only
27 advice I can give you is to upgrade udev first so you know which
28 package really has the bug and then to try newer versions of lvm, I'd
29 try 2.02.36 which is marked stable for amd64 (I guess, you're on x86?).