From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:40:48
1 On 01/02/2012 04:28 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:18:23 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
3 >
4 >> Requires time travel, not a solution!
5 >
6 > Fine. Stick with your broken system and ignore any suggestions to either
7 > repair the damage you have already done or to avoid future damage. Blame
8 > it all on the portage devs and demand a refund!
9
10 I'm not blaming anyone, and the portage devs don't personally owe me
11 anything. I see an opportunity to make portage safer for all Gentoo
12 users, and am trying to make my case here, don't take it personally.
13
14 I appreciate the suggestions, but I already know how to avoid the
15 problem in the future. But, if ever you make a single mistake, those
16 solutions go out the window because you can no longer say what in the
17 world file is important.