From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: networking and libvirt
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 05:37:37
1 I am setting up a libvirt managed vm system on a gentoo server that will
2 have a number of gentoo vm's - web, calendar/mail, ... Eventually I'll
3 have two servers and migration will be needed.
4
5 What do people who do this use for networking? - I have the native
6 libvert nat working but I prefer a routed subnet and not nat. I used a
7 tap and vde on my older non-libvirt system ... but it seems vde is not
8 an option, but it looks like vlans, macvlan etc will work.
9
10 So what is usually recommended and works for this scenario?
11
12 BillK