From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - MythTV problems
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:43:25
1 On 9/15/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > Total size of downloads: 0 kB
4 > camille ~ # uname -a
5 > Linux camille 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Fri Sep 15 09:56:25 CDT 2006 i686
6 > Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz GNU/Linux
7 > camille ~ #
8 >
9 > I cat /dev/video0 > temp.mpg and watched it, but there wasn't anything
10 > there. What I mean is, although there was a black background in
11 > gmplayer, I didn't see any TV programming. Can anyone help with this?
14 MIchael,
15 Sorry you're having these problems. I've been through the same sort
16 of thing a number of times.
17
18 1) Until you can cat ivtv output to a file and get video in that file
19 don't bother with MythTV.
20
21 2) After you get file playback working my experience is that you
22 should delete your current cards and connetions, leaving the Zap2It
23 stuff alone, and then recreate the cards and connections.
24
25 Can you rmmod all the ivtv modules - all of them - and then
26 modprobe ivtv again and post the output in dmesg? do an lsmod ahead of
27 the modprobe so ensure everything is really unloaded.
28
29 Cheers,
30 Mark
31 --