From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.27 segfaults
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 07:53:44
1 Am 19.12.18 um 23:11 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 19.12.18 um 19:25 schrieb J. Roeleveld:
3 >
4 >> The 4.14.x range has a few dodgy ones causing issues along the way. The
5 >> ones currently marked stable allow me to do a full rebuild. Some of the
6 >> older ones in there caused all kinds of weird issues like segfaults
7 >> during compile. Corrupt libraries.
8 >> Ended up with 4.14.65 and doing a full rebuild (emerge --empty @world)
9 >> before trusting it again.
10 >
11 > I wonder what happened *now* ... no updates or rebuilds in the last days.
12 >
13 > Will attempt kernel update but have to get access first ...
14
15 We now have a non-booting gentoo (going into systemd emergency mode) ...
16 something around LVM fails and so it stops booting. I remember this
17 issue from a year ago ... but can't access the server because of an
18 outdated KVM-over-IP. Wonderful xmas present ;-)
19
20 hints for cheap KVM-over-IP-boxes welcome (for one server, with VGA still)
21
22 Have a nice weekend and holidays, folks