From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting X11 to "underscan"...
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 23:47:33
1 On 10/17/2016 04:41 PM, Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku wrote:
2 > When I connect the iMac to our HDTV TV, I can set it to underscan. The
3 > reason that I would like to do that is because when I display at 1080p
4 > the TV ends up dropping the edges of the image off of the screen. This
5 > isn't really a problem at all for TV, or movies or whatever displayed
6 > there, but if KDE displays the standard panel on the top or bottom, only
7 > a thin line of pixels shows where it is supposed to be (don't know about
8 > left or right as I haven't used them). This also ends up being an issue
9 > in MATE. Is there a way to get it to send a 1080p signal which is
10 > postboxed in the sense that black bars are being added top, bottom,
11 > left, and right? These black bars are "outside" the interface.
12 >
13 > Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku
16 It's often far easier to set the TV to disable overscanning. Some TVs
17 it's an actual option in the menu; in others simply assigning the HDMI
18 input label as "PC" or similar will disable overscanning.
19
20 Dan