From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: jffs2 on gentoo
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:10:53
1 dexters84 <dexters84 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > I believe the size of the writes can be relevant as well.
5
6 > > Stroller.
7
8 > That was exactly my point. Systems based on cf card as hard drive are
9 > usually small - one function focused devices, hence there is no need for
10 > swap partition. To extend lifetime of cf card you have to minimize all
11 > possible read/writes to card.
14 OK,
17 I agree.
18 minimize the size of the system and
19 minimize writes to extend the
20 life of the CF.
21
22 Wear leveling is *probably* built into the IDE to CF converter
23 carrier board?
24
25 So no need to work about which File System to use or tuning the
26 file system (EXT2).
27
28 Is that it?
31 James