From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MacBook Pro oops with gentoo-sources-4.9.6-r1
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 22:47:19
1 Hi All,
2
3 Just as I thought I was getting on top of my Gentoo installation on a MacBook,
4 a new kernel oops unpleasantly, although it manages to boot into a Gnome
5 desktop eventually. No wireless is available (broadcom-sta proprietary drive
6 is used). Shutting down/rebooting is a hit and miss operation. Invariably I
7 have to hold the power button to force it to shut down. Shutting the lid does
8 not put it to sleep but goes into some race condition with the fans spinning
9 like mad. The screen is black thereafter until I force it to shutdown.
10
11 Previous kernel 4.4.9 had no such problems.
12
13 I attach the log output. Please let me know if you want to see the kernel
14 .config too.
17 Regards,
18 Mick

kernel-oops.txt text/plain