From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is wrong 4k sector alignment still an issue?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:51:07
1 On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:23:49 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2
3 > > I'm getting a 2TB drive which uses 4kB sectors instead of 512 byte
4 > > ones.  I suppose by now everything will "just work" and the various
5 > > tools will now by default create correctly aligned partitions?
6 >
7 > Most of them should. Latest fdisk and gdisk should align to 1MB and
8 > latest parted etc. should as well.
9
10 I researched this for the latest issue of LXF and the only one that still
11 uses 512K blocks is cfdisk (cgdisk is fine).
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Top Oxymorons Number 48: freewill offering