From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome intrusion?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:25:33
1 On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:23:02 +0000, Jorge Almeida wrote:
5 > What you're asking is a bit like asking for a complete list of the
6 > abilities the python USE flag adds, when all you can really say is it
7 > allows the software to run Python scripts, not what those scripts may do.
10 I'm not really asking for exhaustive documentation about USE flags,
11 just saying that even some fragmented documentation would be useful. I
12 don't expect a particular contributor to know everything about a
13 particular USE flag. (And, of course, no one is under any obligation
14 to do it.)
15
16 All this would be easier if upstream package developers would explain
17 what the different config options really entail. Most of the times,
18 "./configure --help" is not that helpful.
19
20 Jorge