From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird "df" output
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:27:56
1 On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 11:57:20AM +0100, lee wrote
2
3 > He said that he "has a primary partition 1, which covers the entire
4 > hard drive" and "a small / partition". That made me think that he
5 > has two disks.
6
7 Primary partitions are numbered 1 through 4 and logical partitions are
8 numbered 5 and up. The "primary partition" is the entire physical disk.
9 5 is the small /, 6 is swap, and 7 is the rest of the disk.
12 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
13 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications