From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mysterious segfaults
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:41:49
1 > It's been several months ago, but I did run about eight hours of
2 > memtest86 on the memory. Is it unusual for memory to work fine for
3 > a while and *then* go bad?
4
5 Mmm. No.
6 Mine did exactly so.
7
8 > I might try a new power supply anyway.
9
10 A faulty PS would give you odd hw-related (mostly cd-related) errors in
11 logs, random freezes and random shutdowns... I think it's unlikely to
12 give segfaults. however...
13
14 > For what it's worth, mysterious problems on this box have come and
15 > gone for probably a year now. Every time something comes up, it's
16 > so random that I don't even know where to start looking.
17
18 I bet it's a faulty mobo...
19
20 m.