From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAM checks for chromium
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:12:21
1 On Wednesday, 5 December 2018 09:16:10 GMT Mick wrote:
2
3 > I chose Chromium because I understood Google-Chrome to have some settings/
4 > code, which is meant to link Google services with a user's footprint even
5 > after you have logged out of all Google services.
6 >
7 > What I found with Chromium is that it varies considerably on the amount of
8 > RAM consumed between versions, so it is a matter of guessing if 4G of RAM
9 > would be adequate to support > -j1.
10
11 I seem to remember chrome pulling a few dependencies that chromium doesn't.
12
13 The main reason I've ditched chrome and chromium altogether is that they
14 insist on redirecting me to their mobile site - and this is a 27-inch screen!
15 But I'm also uncomfortable with the privacy concerns such as you mention.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.