From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I lost the ability to boot into single user
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:36:18
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I used to specify this:
3 >
4 > softlevel=boot
5 >
6 > in the Grub screen to boot to single user. However, this doesn't work
7 > anymore; it boots right into the "default" runlevel. I think this
8 > happened after I upgraded to GCC 4.4.1 (and rebuilt system and world
9 > with it, and also the kernel.)
10 >
11 > What can the problem be? What is needed for "softlevel=" selection to
12 > work?
17 Try softlevel=single and see if that works. I go to single user using
18 the command rc single so it should exist and should work from grub too.
19
20 Maybe grub has changed its options?
21
22 Dale