From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wvdial: dialup for users
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:12:01
2 > Well, I use ppp and the comand pon and poff. It
3 > works pretty well.
4 > emerge ppp and then config with pppconfig. To
5 > connect, pon, to
6 > disconnect, poff. That would be as root, there
7 > should be a way to make
8 > users do it though. I'm not sure how.
9
10 $sudo /usr/sbin/pon(poff) <provider-name>
13 > Now wvdial, it dials out, then sits for a minute,
14 > then disconnects with
15 > the error that my password is wrong, which is crap
16 > because it is
17 > correct. I only got wvdial to work once on another
18 > rig. It has never
19 > worked on this one though. Anybody have a clue on
20 > that one? I just
21 > like to have options in case it pours instead of
22 > just a little shower.
23 >
24 > My $.02 and a question as well.
25
26 I also found pppconfig superior to wvdial
32 Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
33 http://mail.yahoo.com
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list