From: Mauro Faccenda <faccenda@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kde volume shortcuts
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:28:26
1 Hi people,
2
3 I have an Acer TM 8104wlmi, and everything works great on it, except the
4 smartcard/flashmemory reader.
5
6 The only thing that is anoying me is the volume control keys.
7
8 Its suposed to work with fn+up and fn+down to increase or decrease volume, and
9 fn+f8 to toogle mute. When I hit fn+up, KDE shows a max increase of 10% (one
10 hit), just like the top volume os 10%.
11 If I press it again, it doesnt move. And I cant hear any change on volume.
12
13 If I press fn+down, it decrease the volume to 0%, but again, I cant hear any
14 change on volume.
15
16 The same happens with mute toggle. KDE shows that its muted/unmuted, but the
17 sound goes on without any change.
18
19 The kmix tray icon, doesnt show any change on volume or muted status.
20
21 Can anyone help me with this?
22
23 Thanks in advance.