From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Some update yesterday broke my system - which one
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:41:43
1 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be> wrote:
2 >
3 > It turned out that something has installed /lib/udev
4 > while removing the symlink /lib -> /lib64 on my machine.
5 > Therefore /lib did contains nothing but udev
6
7 This sounds like a very serious bug of portage or
8 of the ebuild; but it did not happen here.
9 It is probably correct that udev installs into
10 $D/lib/udev
11 but when merging into the live filesystem, the
12 existing symlink (/lib->/lib64) should be honoured,
13 i.e. the files should actually end up in /lib64/udev.
14 It is hard to say what has removed the symlink in
15 your case (which would explain all of the rest).