From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Akonadi crashes
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:30:27
1 Over the last two days I have noticed a lot of crashes every time I
2 start kmail. The popup says:
3
4 Details: Executable: akonadi_maildir_resource PID:27916 Signal: 6 (Aborted)
5
6 This pop up keeps repeating itself with different PIDs. Eventually,
7 all settles and I can use kmail.
8
9 The problem has started without me updating any KDE related package (I
10 think) and have run lafilefixer and revdep-rebuild for good measure.
11
12 It is worth mentioning that with KDE-4.4.4 akonadi would crash
13 randomly when trying to launch kmail and take kmail down with it.
14 Restarting kmail worked on the second attempt. Unfortunately, the
15 multiple popups are hindering productivity and am thinking of calling
16 it a day on kmail.
17
18 Any ideas on what is causing this and more importantly how I could fix it?
19
20 I'm attaching the errors when I launch kmail from a terminal.
21
22 PS. While I'm at it: any other good mail clients out there (other
23 than T'bird) which include an address book and S/MIME, GnuPG, but do
24 *not* require a lorry load of gnome libs?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick

akonadi_crash.txt.gz application/x-gzip