From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnucash pulls in firefox (when I already have firefox-bin)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:41:25
1 At Tue, 24 Jun 2008 00:17:36 +0100 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > yelp is pulling in firefox because you do not have xulrunner in USE.
4 > firefox-bin is no use, the program needs the header files for either
5 > firefox or xulrunner. The current recommendation is to use xulrunner
6 > instead of firefox in this situation, and in your USE flags.
7
8 Neil,
9
10 I am currently having no problems. I use gnucash extensively and use
11 firefox (not -bin) as well. Is the recommendation to switch and add
12 xulrunner to USE? If the purpose is to avoid the need for firefox,
13 that is not relevant to me. If, however, xulrunner in some way
14 improves gnucash, I might well want to try it.
15
16 thanks in advance and thanks for all your previous help and thoughtful
17 comments.
18
19 allan
20 --