From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why firefox is so slow?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:37:25
1 Alexander,
2
3 DG_DISABLE_DEBUG strips debugging information from binaries, making them
4 smaller (and faster)
5
6 Jeff.
7
8 On 30/04/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
9 >
10 > Jeff Rollin wrote:
11 >
12 > > I know a lot of people don't recommend this, but I haven't had any
13 > > trouble with CFLAGS="-O3", specifically in firefox 1.5.0.2
14 >
15 > If -O3 REALLY gives a speedup depends heavily on your CPU. You
16 > might not get a speedup at all - and, more likely, you might
17 > not get a *noticeable* speedup.
18 >
19 > Alexander Skwar
20 >
21 > PS: Please no HTML!
22 > --
23 > How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
24 >
25 > One to hold the giraffe and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored
26 > power tools.
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 Argument against Linux number 6,033:
36
37 "...So this is like most Linux viruses. You have to download the virus
38 yourself, become root, install it and then run it. Seems like a lot of work
39 just to experience what you can get on Windows with a lot less trouble."