From: FredL <raptor@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 21:35:46
2 > Do you perhaps have NetworkManager or wicd installed?
5 > no, none of them, it is a very basic install, with only the minimum
6 > packages installed . I have checked at the init script and find a line
7 > in the depend section saying :
8 >
9 > after lo lo0 dbus
10 >
11 > but dbus is not yet installed, can this be the cause of my problem?
12
13 so I have just installed dbus and add it to default runlevel and my
14 net.* script are loaded correctly setting my static config, so every
15 thing is fine now.
16
17 But why do we need dbus in a very minimalistic system? I was thinking
18 that it would be helpful in a full desktop environnement for
19 automagically mounting device and things like that...
20
21 Saying that I've just remenbered that I have selected the desktop
22 profile instead of the default one, can this be why my init script need
23 dbus for starting net iface?