From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ath0 startup problem
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:39:42
1 On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:19 PM, <jason@×××××××××××.ca> wrote:
2 > That was me trying to set this up last week :-)
3 >
4 >> jason@×××××××××××.ca wrote:
5 >>> Greetings,
6 >>>
7 >>> I am following this guide...
8 >>>
9 >>> http://gentoo-wiki.com/Madwifi_Wireless_Access_Point
10 >>>
11 >>> ...to setup my gentoo system as a wireless access point. I have it all
12 >>> setup and everthing is working, however, when I boot up my gentoo system
13 >>> it says...
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>> Bringing up interface ath0
18 >>> starting wpa_supplicant on ath0
19 >>> ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument
20 >>> Could not configure driver to use managed mode
21 >>>
22 >>> Starting wpa_cli on ath0...
23 >>> Backgrounding
24 >>> WARNING:net.ath0 has started, but is inactive
25 >>>
26 >>>
27 >>>
28 >>> I think something must be configured the wrong way. How do I fix this? I
29 >>> think I want "master mode" not "managed mode"
30 >>>
31 >>> I think this problem may have to do with the fact I am using baselayout
32 >>> 2.0.0 but am not totally sure.
33 >>>
34 >>> What does "ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: invalid argument" mean?
35 >>>
36 >>> What does "inactive" mean?
37 >>>
38 >>> Again, everything is working so this isn't a major problem but I would
39 >>> still like to fix it.
40 >>>
41 >>> Thanks
42 >>>
43 >>> Jason
44 >>>
45 >>>
46 >>>
47 >>>
48 >>
49 >> I'm not sure if this will help but I did a little googleing for ya.
50 >> Look at the last post on this one.
51 >>
52 >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/169035
53 >>
54 >> Hope that helps or some guru will come help.
55 >>
56 >> Dale
57 >>
66 Jason,
67 You should probably respond to Stroller's comments in that email thread :).