From: jarry@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installation problem of finding cdrom on a i965 board
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:33:51
1 > As Intel pulled Ultra ATA out of the i965,
2
3 really bloddy idea, imho, to abandon p-ata so early...
4
5 > It seems that Gentoo can't find the
6 > Ultra ATA CD-ROM handled by the JMicron controller during the
7 > installation, doesn't it? And how should i deal with it?
8
9 If I were you, I'd go and buy some cheap old pci-raid/p-ata
10 board (highpoint, promise, etc, something known to linux,
11 you can get it for a couple of bucks) and I would attach
12 cd/dvd-drive there...
13
14 Jarry
19 Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
20 Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list