From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ping / connect to another subnet
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:04:18
1 On 03/30/10 14:55, stosss wrote:
2 >On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm running Windows XP on VirtualBox, it has a network "NAT" so the IP
4 >> address it gets:
5 >> IP: 10.0.2.15
6 >> Gateway: 10.0.2.2
7 >> DNS: 10.10.0.1 ?(Linux router)
8 >>
9 >> I've tried to access the Windows IP by creating another subnet:
10 >> ifconfig eth0:1 10.0.2.0 up
11 >>
12 >> but it doesn't work, I can not ping the Windows IP: ?10.0.2.15
13 >> (Windows firewall is OFF)
14 >>
15 >> Any suggestions?
16 >
17 >You could try using Bridged instead of NAT. Bridged would let you set
18 >up the NIC on the VM to the same IP address range as the host using
19 >the same NIC as the host.
20 >
21 >If your host IP is 192.168.1.10 on eth0
22 >You could set Bridged > eth0 on the VM settings panel and then set
23 >your net config inside the VMs OS to 192.168.1.X on eth0
24
25 Yes, I'm aware of it.
26 I've setup iptables + squid so I can filter here they an connect to.
27 If I setup as Bridge, Windows gets the IP from the Router (dhcpd) and will by-pass my filter :-/
28 My router does not filter outgoing traffic only incoming.
29
30 I setup on VirtualBox one interface as NAT and one as Bridge and Windows browser selected the one without filer Bridge, so it is bypassing my filter.
33 Joseph