From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] some issues after upgrading to xorg-server 1.5.3
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:09:42
1 On Tue, 12 May 2009 13:43:38 -0300
2 Daniel da Veiga wrote:
3
4 [...]
5 > > Then I see errro messages from all aplications I use in my XFCE, it
6 > > is normal?
9 > Definetly not normal.
10 Xorg messages? or application ones?
11
12 > Have you run revdep-rebuild? What's your kernel
13 > and VIDEO_CARDS variable content? Why are you using fbdev?
14 # grep VIDEO /etc/make.conf
15 VIDEO_CARDS="vesa intel"
16
17 *I keep vesa cause I had many problems with intel driver...
18
19 # uname -a
20 Linux amparo 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 #3 SMP Sat Jan 31 23:09:23 Local time zone must be set--see zic i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5470 @ 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
21
22 *I'll ask later about the "Local time zone" message, cause I've it
23 configured as Gentoo Linux Localization Guide says... :-(
26 > >> 2) Some combinations of intel drivers + intel card + xorg-1.5 +
27 > >> kernel do not behave properly. My card used to go over 800 fps
28 > >> with glxgears, and now, with the new drivers and xorg, I'm stuck
29 > >> around 300, general performance is no better. Its a shame, had to
30 > >> drop compiz-fusion, for example. I hope for better support on new
31 > >> releases of intel driver.
32 > >
33 > > ok, but is it normal that, i.e, wine hangs my entire system until it
34 > > opens the application? is xorg and wine related?
35 >
36 > Maybe a library problem, or your system is simply hanging at 100% CPU.
37 > Again, revdep-rebuild...
38 I did:
39
40 # revdep-rebuild -p
41 * Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild
42
43 * Checking reverse dependencies
44 * Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by a package update
45 * will be emerged.
46
47 * Collecting system binaries and libraries
48 * Generated new 1_files.rr
49 * Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH
50 * Generated new 2_ldpath.rr
51 * Checking dynamic linking consistency
52 [ 100% ]
53
54 * Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.
55
56 > >> 3) Your touchpad is in absolute mode. You gotta change it to
57 > >> relative mode, its a configuration problem, check hal fdi configs
58 > >> for your touchpad.
59 > > is there any generic fdi file for touchpads? I don't know which one
60 > > select...
63 > Sorry, I don't know of a generic fdi for touchpads, you can search
64 > Google for configs that may fit your hardware.
65 >
66 > I would advice you to follow the upgrade guide, if you haven't,
67 > everything I mentioned is right there:
68 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/xorg-server-1.5-upgrade-guide.xml
69 Yes, I followed it ...
70
71 one question:
72 is INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" enough? or do I have to include keyboard and
73 mouse?
74
75 Thanks for your reply,
76 Arnau