From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: local file containing a web site
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 12:54:30
1 Am Sat, 10 Jun 2017 12:12:09 -0400
2 schrieb allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>:
3
4 > I was interviewed and the material was put on a website
5 > (news.mit.edu/2017/reflections-puzzle-keeper-allan-gottlieb-0608).
6 >
7 > For someone to view this they need that
8 > 1. They are on the net.
9 > 2. MIT has not removed it.
10 >
11 > I would like to produce a file containing what is seen when viewing
12 > that web page (it brings in other pages). A pdf would be good, but
13 > others would be OK.
14
15 If only single pages are of interest, I'd probably suggest PDF indeed
16 as it is universally viewable.
17
18 > The goal is to be able to put this on a flash drive and be able to
19 > view in without net access.
20
21 Try httrack which is a web site mirror and offline browsing software.
24 Regards,
25 Kai
26
27 Replies to list-only preferred.