From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ram Problem!
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 16:18:46
1 On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 04:05:44PM +0100, Teodor Spæren wrote:
2 >
3 > The possible work around I have thought of is just getting the vanilla kernel from kernel.org, but the gentoo wiki advise against it, since gentoo-sources is a patched kernel.
4
5 With all due respect, Gentoo is the only distro using a Gentoo patched kernel.
6 It's not really necessary, and NONE of the 8 comps in our shop runs any of the
7 gentoo provided kernel sources. Just get the kernel.org of your choice and:
8
9 mingdao@baruch ~/kernel $ wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.0/linux-3.4.24.tar.bz2
10
11 Change the version for whichever one you desire.
12 --
13 Happy Penguin Computers >')
14 126 Fenco Drive ( \
15 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^