From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Easiest way to block domains?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 23:45:41
1 On 2017-08-30 18:28, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > >> Also: how long is the replacement going to last? Anything with
4 > >> flash as the main storage will be back at the recycling station
5 > >> (ideally) within a couple of years. This includes all the consumer
6 > >> routers I've ever had, including the beloved blue Linksys.
7
8 > Flash storage lasts far longer than that in practice. How often do you
9 > upgrade a router?
10
11 The "couple" was meant literally, i.e. typically 2 years until it
12 breaks. I don't know for sure if it is the flash or something else.
13 It's not a bad brand - I have had many different brands, nothing lasts
14 much more than that. And I don't abuse them - in fact I pamper them :-)
17 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
18 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
19 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.