From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo on a usb stick
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:18:25
1 On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:40:30 +0100, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2
3 > > I was planning to put the i686-2008.0-LiveCD-installer on a USB stick
4 > > and install it on a Asus 900A eeePC. But I understand the kernel on
5 > > the CD is <v2.6.27 and therefore there is no Atheros driver for the
6 > > eee's on-board wifi. Can someone confirm this?
7 > >
8 > > If true, can I simply add the driver after the fact? Any body done
9 > > this successfully?
12 > You may want to take a look at the SystemRescueCd [1] afaik it is based
13 > on gentoo and more up to date.
14
15 You could also use a more recent Gentoo CD, look in the autobuilds
16 directory of any mirror. But I'd stick with System Rescue CD, it's so
17 easy to install to a USB stick.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?