From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem emerging virt-manager 4.0.0
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 12:33:40
1 Hi. In today's world update, I get the following strange output when
2 trying to emerge virt-manager. I am not even sure what this means.
3
4 >>> Configuring source in
5 >>> /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/virt-manager-4.0.0/work/virt-manager-4.0.0
6 >>> ...
7 python3.9 setup.py configure --default-graphics=spice
8 error: Multiple top-level packages discovered in a flat-layout: ['po',
9 'ui', 'man', 'data', 'virtinst', 'virtManager'].
10
11 To avoid accidental inclusion of unwanted files or directories,
12 setuptools will not proceed with this build.
13
14 If you are trying to create a single distribution with multiple
15 packages
16 on purpose, you should not rely on automatic discovery.
17 Instead, consider the following options:
18
19 1. set up custom discovery (`find` directive with `include` or
20 `exclude`)
21 2. use a `src-layout`
22 3. explicitly set `py_modules` or `packages` with a list of names
23
24 To find more information, look for "package discovery" on setuptools
25 docs.
26 * ERROR: app-emulation/virt-manager-4.0.0::gentoo failed (configure
27 phase):
28 * (no error message)
29
30 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
33 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
34 How do
35 you spend it?
36
37 John Covici wb2una