From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage-2.2.0_alpha38 & --depclean
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 02:04:52
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> That's what I thought until I moved to the kde profile, at which time
7 >>> it seems to about 80% of kde-meta became part of @system.
8 >>>
9 > <SNIP>
10 >
11 >> I complained about KDE stuff being in the system set looooong ago. It is
12 >> because of USE flags that they are being pulled in. I don't like the idea
13 >> but if you, or a dev, disables all the USE flags that pulls in KDE, us KDE
14 >> users are going to have things breaking left and right. It seemed to have
15 >> gotten worse when hal bit the dust. At that point udev and other system
16 >> tools picked up the slack and KDE got pulled into system. That's my theory
17 >> at least.
18 >>
19 > I exaggerated. The number of kde packages pulled in on my compute
20 > server right now is about 10, so it's not as bad as I remember.
21 >
22 > - Mark
26 On mine, kdelibs is one of those, or was last I checked. It seemed to
27 me that the ones that were in there were the larger ones. What next,
28 OOo will be part of system too? Let's not go there, yet.
29
30 Dale
31