From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM (Was: the best filesystem for server: XFS or JFS (or?))
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:28:31
1 Bill Longman wrote:
2 > On 03/24/2011 11:17 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> kashani wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On 3/24/2011 10:19 AM, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> I have never used LVM but when it messes up after a upgrade, as has
9 >>>> happened to many others, see if you say the same thing. I hope your
10 >>>> backups are good and they can restore.
11 >>>>
12 >>>> Dale
13 >>>>
14 >>> Meh, boot a liveCD and fix it which took all of 15 minutes. I
15 >>> don't see that as a failing of LVM, but of Gentoo for lack of another
16 >>> culprit. You can only roll your OS forward in so many ways before you
17 >>> have to do a little offline plumbing. May as well complain that you
18 >>> had to shutdown your machine to put in more RAM.
19 >>>
20 >>> kashani
21 >>>
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >> I researched using LVM a good while back. The reason I didn't was what
25 >> I posted. It is prone to problems that are difficult if not impossible
26 >> to correct. I may not have data that is worth much but I don't want to
27 >> loose it either way.
28 >>
29 >> People that have read these posts can't plead ignorance.
30 >>
31 > Yet you, who "have never used LVM" *can* plead knowledge?
32 > Uh....something's really wrong in this formula.
36 Yep, I read about others having problems and loosing data.
37
38 Dale
39