From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Change EFI to BIOS Boot
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 01:06:21
1 On 04/12/2014 03:45 AM, Facu Curti wrote:
2 > Hi all. First at all i apologize if my english is not enough.
3 > When I installed gentoo, I do that with UEFI, and gpt partitions. But
4 > right now, I tried to install XEN, and this not works with EFI. I cant
5 > wait until somebody fix this problem, So i'm thinking to change "EFI" to
6 > "BIOS" boot.
7 >
8 > So, I deleted the efi (/boot/efi) partition, edited make.conf, and deleted
9 > /etc/default/grub.
10 >
11 > After that, I made a new partition with bios_grub
12 > flag. As explained in [1]. And reinstalled grub2 (with new flags).
13 > But I can't boot.
14
15 What happens when you try to boot? Can you see the grub2 menu screen?
16
17 If you can see the grub2 menu screen you should try using the grub2
18 command shell (type "c" to enter the command shell) which will allow
19 you to experiment with all of the grub commands that you compiled into
20 the grub2 package.
21
22 If you can get to the grub shell prompt you can hit TAB to see a list of
23 available grub commands.
24
25 The important point is this: any grub command that works from the grub
26 shell prompt can be typed *verbatim* into a grub2 'menuitem' stanza.
27
28 The first time I used grub2-mkconfig I noticed that it generates config
29 files that strike me as a bit hysterical (excuse the sexist adjective).